Saturday, September 20, 2014

Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner

This mini Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx was a GWP a while ago, and I've been carrying it in my bag this whole time but totally forgot to review it. Until now ^.^

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I really like this pencil! It has a somewhat different texture than my other ones that are buttery. That's not to say this pencil is not soft, it's very soft, but there's also a slight touch of waxiness. So when I line my eyes with it, this waxiness produces a very gentle "tug" that doesn't hurt or bother me at all. If anything, I'd say the slight tug is helpful as a control measure because I'll know when I'm pressing too hard on it. Whereas with pencils that are melty buttery, it's much easier for me to go heavy-handed with them because, well, they just melt upon application!

As for the waterproof claim, I would say yes, it is waterproof, but waterproof does not mean budge-proof. I have tried placing the swatch under a running faucet and it didn't run, but I smooth my thumb over it under water and it did smudge, although it didn't wash off after that and stayed a big black blob on the back of my hand -.-' So there, if you were to line your eyes with this then go see a cry-fest movie, no problem, but if you rub your eyes after you cry, big problem. 

- Onyx: a shimmer-free grayish "cool" black, if that makes any sense. See explanation with the comparison swatches below.

See how Makeup For Ever 0L Matte Black and Buxom Onyx (will review soon) are both decidedly warmer than the rest? Whereas this Smashbox Onyx is definitely cool, probably a blue/green-based black. Stila Stingray and Urban Decay Perversion look that way too. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts