Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes

A mini version of Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L Matte Black was among the Sephora Favorites Draw the Line 2013 set, which also includes Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray, Eyeko Mini Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Black, Sephora Collections Long-lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner 02 Glitter Black, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black, and the dual-ended Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Demolition-Perversion.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


Right away I love the size of this eye pencil - it's tiny, which means super portability. It has now found a home in my bag ^.^ The formula is fantastic, soft and buttery! Although honestly, I have some really good eye pencils (Stila Smudge Sticks, Pixi Endless Silky - more colors coming soon!) so I'm pretty spoiled in this aspect. Which is to say between Stila with a wide range of colors and Pixi at $12 a pop I'm all set xD

0L Matte Black: a matte but soft smokey black, perfect to be on the go if you need to look put-together at the last minute, but if you're going for glamor, this won't do, because it's too soft a black. In fact, it's probably the "lightest" black pencil I own (see comparison swatches below)! I like the color a lot though, solely because my lash and brows are thin and sparse, and thus faint, so an intense black is too harsh on me.

This comparison line-up is actually missing Pixi Endless Silky in 01-Black Noir, but it's pretty much identical to Stila Stingray, a matte and intense jet black. Will review the Buxom and Smashbox pencils soon.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts