Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sephora Collections Long-lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner

Next in the Sephora Favorites Draw the Line 2013 is this Sephora Collections Long-lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in 02 Glitter Black.

The Sephora Favorites Draw the Line 2013 set includes Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray, Eyeko Mini Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Black, this Sephora Collections Long-lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner 02 Glitter Black, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 0L Matte Black, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black, and the dual-ended Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Demolition-Perversion. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Unlike Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner, this Sephora one is an actual liquid eyeliner, as in there's an ink pot and an applicator pen you dip into it, with a flexible rubber sponge tip. The formula is very thin and runny but doesn't bleed or feather, and it dries in a snap with a cooling sensation. I haven't actually worn this on my eyes so I can't vouch for the 12HR wear claim. That said, it washes right off with water. Just water. I didn't even have to rub. I stuck the back of my hand under a running faucet, smooth my thumb over it once and it was gone without a trace. Didn't even leave as much as a stain. Completely gone. I mean, on one end of the spectrum you have crazy Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner that won't come off even when doused and rubbed with cleansing oil, and on the other hand you have this Sephora "12HR Wear" eye liner that flushes off with just running water. Kind of wild, if you think about it.


- 02 Glitter Black: a translucent charcoal with white glitters, and by translucent I mean it'll take several layers to achieve some opacity. The swatch turns out well because it's a straight stroke. I should have drawn my usual smiley face, because it really shows how well a liquid liner performs when you actually draw curves with it. And yes, unfortunately it's glitters and not fine shimmers. The glitters aren't too big and chunky, but they're still glitter. So together with the thin, runny, easily washed off and translucent formula, this liquid liner looks and feels like a cheap, watered down liner. It was so sad I threw it out. It's not even worth giving away, that's how pathetic it was. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts