Friday, September 19, 2014

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

This dual-ended Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Demolition-Perversion is the last of the Sephora Favorites Draw the Line 2013, which also includes Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray, Eyeko Mini Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Black, Sephora Collections Long-lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner 02 Glitter Black, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 0L Matte Black, and Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I appreciate Urban Decay's dual-ended pencil, because I get to try more than one colors. That said, I'm really wary the formula will be similar to the similarly named 24/7 Glide-on Shadow Pencil. Don't get me wrong, those shadow pencils are gorgeous, and they don't come off completely even when I scrubbed the swatches on the back of my hand with paper towel! The problem is that they don't get along with my sunscreen, and within the hour something will melt, seep into my eyes, and horribly stain my contact lenses. So I ended up giving those shadow pencils away to my friend A., and she loves them! So now I'm eyeing these eye pencils thinking oh boy, do I really want to do this? LOL!


So I haven't tried them yet. As far as I can tell from swatching on the back of my hand, they feel nice and buttery, and they're water-resistant, coming off completely only when I used cleansing oil to remove them.

- Demolition: a shimmer-free bitter chocolate that's not completely opaque. I actually really love colors like this, because they look much more natural on me than an intense jet black.

- Perversion: matte opaque intense jet black, identical to Stila Smudge Stick Stingray.


Below are comparison swatches for the several black eye pencils I now own, minus the Pixi Endless Silky in 01-Black Noir, but it's pretty much identical to both Stila Stingray and this UD Perversion. Will review the Buxom and Smashbox pencils soon.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts