When I bought the Lunasol Ahkah Collection Shiny Eyes, I meant to get just this Ahkah Collection Eyes in EX01 Sheer Pink Beige. In fact, I hadn't plan to get any of them, because their online photos looked so boring. And then I saw swatches of them and realized the bottom right shade is *not* brown...
Don't get me wrong, I like browns. And because I like browns so much, I have 98,837 of them and certainly don't need anymore (and yet, and yet...). But deep plum? Yes, please!
All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
I couldn't be happier with this purchase. First of all, the packaging is gorgeous, metallic pink with shadow clouds and gold etching, just like the two
This EX01 Sheer Pink Beige is definitely a feminine palette, a bit too girly for the office even (hint: metallic pink compact case?). It has two lid and one medium/crease shades but no liner. That said, I've worn each color individually all over the lid and they've been fantastic daytime looks for me. Basically, this is another boring and safe daytime palette but I love it, because I'm boring and I play safe, at least during the daytime :P
Clockwise from center:
- Sparkling top wash: high shimmer metallic, low intensity. A translucent but dual-chromatic golden silver, if that makes any sense. It's silvery when viewed directly but reflects a sparkling metallic gold sheen when seen from an angle. Gorgeous!
- Lid 1: metallic, medium intensity. A very pretty golden beige. I wore this just yesterday all over the lids, with a bit of the sparkling top wash dabbed on top. Loved the look.
- Lid 2: semi-metallic, medium intensity. A fresh pink leaning cool, almost metallic but not quite there.
- Medium crease: shimmer, medium intensity. A deep plum that's definitely not dark enough to line with despite the medium intensity pigment. I tried. However, it's a fantastic medium crease shade. For a sultrier date-night look, I apply it along the crease or make the outer V, then line with Shiny Pencil Eyeliner EX01 from the 2014 Party Coffret.
- Base/highlighter: shimmer, low intensity. A shimmery soft white with a touch of pearl.