Monday, September 28, 2015

Excel BB Powder UV SPF50+ PA++++

Had my eyes on this 10g jar of Excel BB Powder UV SPF50+ PA++++ since the late spring when I placed my Ettusais order. But I refrained then, because the international shipping was just too prohibitive. Good things come to those who wait, right? ^.^ I had to fill up my cart for free domestic shipping so I picked up two Sleek Cheeks also. Will review those after a good trial.  

There are 2 colors available, BP01 Light Beige and BP02 Natural Beige. I bought BP01 Light Beige. It's 1,800yen a piece, sounds pricey but mind you, it's a pretty generous 10g, so I think it's rather well-priced. The vast majority of sun powders out there are 3-6g at 1,000-1,200yen, so it's actually cheaper than most. Don't even get me started with ColoreScience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Powder, which goes for a cool $64 for a meager 6g. Forgettable, truly!

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This powder has a good balance of physical and chemical protection. Active ingredients include octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), Uvinul A+ (ジエチルアミノヒドロキシベンゾイル安息香酸ヘキシル), titanium dioxide (酸化チタン), and zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛). Pretty solid sun protection, I think! For some reason though, Excel hides this powder on their website, which could be an indication that it's going to be discontinued soon? Either way, here's the direct link to the item if you want to order it.

If the 2 available colors give any hint, this is a loose bb powder with coverage, I'd say moderate build-able to full. Being a bb powder, it's quite thick but is smooth and finely milled. The powder comes with a puff-applicator and cap, but the coverage means I skip this puff-applicator as it dispenses way too much each time. Instead, I open up the jar, dip in a corner of my brush and tap off the excess. This would be enough for half of my face, and I just re-dip for the other half. I have found that a super dense brush like Koyudo fu-pa02 works best with this powder, as it buffs and sheers out the powder pretty well.

Color wise, it's light but is still very slightly yellowy on me, so it works fine after buffing and sheering out. I swipe once right beneath my lower lash line, once on each laugh line, once down the edge of my nose, once right beneath my lower lip, and once across my forehead, then blend, blend, blend, and that's it! It does a pretty good job of evening out my skin tone. In this humid weather, it gives me a dewy soft focus glow. Love!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts