Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase

I'm almost half way through with this 15mL/0.5fl. oz. pump bottle of Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase. It was part of the GWP I received when I bought the Gentle Foaming Cleanser and Toning Lotion with Camomile pair.


I've been curious about the HydraQuench line from Clarins so I snatched up this GWP when I saw it. Apparently this Intensive Serum has been reformulated a couple years ago and most people preferred its previous version. I've never tried the old version so I can't compare, but I think this new version is decent.

This is a bi-phase serum, with a clear layer that floats atop a thicker blue layer. It requires rigorous shaking prior to dispensing, which I think is annoying because I've forgotten to shake a few times. Now the clear layer is getting thicker and thicker no matter what I do, so I think the pump's not dispensing evenly either. 

I'm guessing the clear layer is either oil or silicone. I checked the Clarin USA website but it doesn't have an ingredients list. The descriptions only say non-oily, not oil-free. Either way, the shaken up serum feels rather thin and slick, so I suspect there's more silicone in it than oil. It has a nice scent though, fresh but soft and not too brisk. I use 2 pumps each time for my face and throat, and it actually takes a few minutes to absorb completely. It does help with absorption for the moisturizer that goes on next though, which is nice. Overall, I'm glad I tried it but I won't spend the $60 for a full size.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts