Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Part II

When I picked up Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick Sheer Shame, I thought I'd try the original Revolution Lipstick version also, in the same color Shame. Just curious how they'd compare.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I've already reviewed these a few years back, but the one thing I do want to emphasize again is the pigmentation level. Holy smoke it's pigmented! Just one layer on the upper lip and press to spread will give me full coverage for both lips. Wow.

- Shame: shimmer-free deep wine with more violet than expected. One layer will give me a soft matte finish and shows up exactly as swatched (the swatch is a single swipe). Two layers will give me a satin finish and will turn more of a blackberry, though still with violet undertone. Interesting enough, two layers apply less evenly and more patchy than one layer. Either way, this color turns my teeth giga-white. I didn't think I'd like this lippie but I actually do, even if I'll only ever wear dabs of it :)

Here's Shame vs. Sheer Shame. Stark difference in pigmentation and finish but with similar violet undertone. That said, Sheer Shame turns totally berry on my lips.

See my previous Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts