Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

This full size 2.8g/0.09oz Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick is a gift from my friend A. We've been swapping goodies and she picked out this color Fiend for me :D

My very first UD lipstick, folks! I haven't had much exposure to UD products at all. The brand's been all the rage thanks to their smashing popular Naked palettes, but I'm just not interested. A. loves these lipsticks though and her makeup's always flawless, so naturally I'm curious to know which brands/products she reaches for and why.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

The tube is a shiny metallic titanium and as you can see, it's not smooth but is lumpy. It's weighty in my hand and doesn't feel too plastic-y. The cap doesn't click shut but it closes tight.

Ingredients:

I totally see why A. likes these lipsticks! I've only tried this color Fiend, but I can tell you it's very creamy and applies silky smooth. And it's so, so, so pigmented! I literally needed a light-handed layer on the lower lip for a good dose of color! Wow. And even with that thinly spread single layer on both lips, the lasting power is excellent. While this is no lip balm, it didn't exaggerate the dryness of my lips or shift around in masses either. I purposely didn't wipe it off for lunch and noticed that it just feathered off evenly instead of bleeding beyond my lip lines. 

- Fiend: a shimmer free neutral tawny rose in the tube but applies a much pinkier rose on my lips with a satin finish. I think it's not supposed to be matte but somehow on me it is softly so, and I've never had a lipstick that's matte before. I'm happy to report this particular finish looks very natural on me, almost like a soft stain! Love it!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts