Sunday, August 5, 2018

Addiction Stolen Kiss Enhancer

Earlier this year, along with the few Addiction the Eyeshadows, I also picked up the new Stolen Kiss Enhancer in 001 Bitten Rose (there's only one color available), yes, with the same hideous packaging and all.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I did mention the packaging is hideous, just like all the other Addiction lipsticks, right? I mean, look at that giant thing. It's plastic, and it's pink. Urgh. For all the beautiful creativity from this brand, I just can't get over how ugly the lipstick packaging is. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too, can I?

So why did I even bother with this lippie? Because its formula is gorgeous, just like all the other Lipstick Sheers I own. This "enhancer" is really a tinted and staining lip balm. Don't let the innocent translucent pink bullet fool you. Upon application, it'll turn into a shade of pink based on the pH of your lips, and that shade of pink will then turn into a stain. 

On my lips, it turns into a bright-but-not-quite-hot-pink. In short, a beautifully wearable pink color in a formula I love, complete with a glossy finish. The stain is more subtle and can be enhanced with an additional layer of any colorless lip balm or clear gloss. Can't complain, can I? Well, I can complain about the packaging but since I don't wear the packaging on my lips I'll shut up about that. 

Swatch and stain, respectively, with both showing much better on my lips than on the back of my hands.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts