Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Lipstick Queen Queen Bee

Picked up a few new Lipstick Queen goodies during a sale earlier in the year, including the newly released (and eagerly awaited) Saint Plum. The Mornin' Sunshine and Queen Bee were a curiosity buy and impulse buy, respectively.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

As with most impulse buys, I really should have skipped it. Sure, the golden honey metallic tube is pretty and smooth (not stick), but I can't stand the rest of it. This is supposed to be a lip treatment and it's anything but.

Yes, this Queen Bee is the second LQ lipstick I actually don't like. The first was Hello Sailor, though only because it didn't turn color on me like it was supposed to. No, it isn't the shimmers that I dislike. Actually, if you'd believe it I think LQ does shimmers very well. Every color in my Dancing Queen set is loaded with shimmers and I love them all. (Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my mind having picked up a few All That Jazz lipsticks several weeks ago. These are loaded with shimmers too so we'll see. I'll get to them eventually.)

So what is it that I dislike about this Queen Bee? The formula. Gasp. Yup, the one LQ formula I do. not. like.

Let me count the wrongs:
- The bullet's hard. The last thing I expected from a lip treatment is a bullet that feels like a stick of wax. May be they accidentally put a candle in my case instead of the actual lip treatment.
- The texture is dry. It felt dry on the back of my hand, much less my lips.
- It's so very waxy. Yup. I'm pretty sure someone put a candle the shape of a lipstick bullet in my case.
- It actually dries out my lips. The opposite of what a lip treatment should do.

- Queen Bee: A sheer, transparent wash of yellow gold. The LQ website says bronze but I don't see bronze, do you? It's pretty, so I'll keep it and layer over clear lip balm or something. Unless you're dying to try this, I'd say it's a safe skip. That sheer coral swatch on the left though, I'll post about that next (spoiler: Mornin' Sunshine).

2 comments:

Citrine said...

I think I need to give medieval and jean queen more love while it's still humid...I am curious about that yellow one although I know most color changing lipstick will turn...

By the way will you try the Dating Game? Mr. Right looks like my kind of pink but I never spotted any sale.

D. said...

Hey Mina,

Oh! I've been neglecting Jean Queen too, woops!

That Mornin' Sunshine is the biggest surprise in this batch for me, and in the best of ways. I freakin' love it and will post a review soon.

I did check out the Dating Game but all the pinks are too cool for me so I'm skipping this collection.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts