Monday, August 20, 2018

Nioxin Shampoo System 1

This review is probably 4 years too late, but hubby and I have been using this Nioxin Shampoo System 1 (Normal to Thin-Looking Hair) for longer than that. Pictured is the 500mL bottle but for the past couple of years we've been refilling it with a huge gallon jug bought from Amazon ^.^


It started with a hair stylist whose salon we've been visiting since 2004. I'd worked with his wife and she introduced us. Several years ago, during a cut I mentioned to him I have an oily scalp and need to use a clarifying shampoo twice a week and skipping conditioner on Sundays, just to give both hair and scalp a breather.

He recommended this Nioxin System 1, for once or twice a week only and not everyday use, he said. Over time, it'll help remove residues from the scalp, and loosen up the sebum and unclog the hair roots, which then reduce hair-loss.


Neither hubby nor myself have hair-loss problem, but we both found that our hair and scalps have been healthier since we started using this shampoo twice a week. My hair literally feels lighter, bouncier, and softer the morning after. So yeah, this is the one shampoo I haven't gotten bored of, nor am I willing to switch it out and try some other random clarifying shampoo. And yes, I'd purchased this shampoo from Amazon JP the entire time we were in Tokyo, because I can't imagine not using it.

For the technical details, this shampoo comes out of the bottle a clear blue gel with a menthol fragrance and tingles upon application. It rinses squeaky clean but has never left my hair dry or my scalp itchy from being over-stripped. And I only use the shampoo and pair it with whatever conditioner I'm using at the moment. On Sundays I use it alone and skip conditioner.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts