Friday, January 25, 2019

Maison Alyzee, Mountain View

As hubby and I grabbed a quick snack at the Hong Kong Bakery & Cafe, I couldn't help but notice Maison Alyzee right next door. After he left to do work stuff, I went in to check it out despite having had a snack. I could never pass up a patisserie. There's always room for desserts in this tummy ^.^


This was during our first trip to Mountain View in September and the shop was completely full and so I didn't sit. I couldn't take a picture of the interior either with the place so crowded. The sweets didn't catch my eyes then (too chocolatey), but their shelves of jams sure did.

I ended up buying two sets of the mini trio, each with a 100g jar of Orange Yuzu, Fig with Walnuts, and Gelee de Rose. I only kept one set to myself and gifted the other set to my parents. Funny enough, TSA wouldn't let me bring them aboard and so I had to check them in my carry-on. Despite me having wrapped them in clothing, they barely made it home in tact with the plastic packaging destroyed.

The Orange Yuzu is pretty tasty, like a runnier, lighter, and less sugary version of the Korean yuzu cha, and delicious on buttered toast ^.^

Haven't gotten to either the Fig or the Rose yet. Will update on these later.

On the second trip in late November, it rained dogs and cats outside both days we were there. The shop was understandably empty and I was able to snap a few pics of the interior this time without risking offending anyone.

The sweet offerings were still too chocolatey for my taste, but I picked up one to try anyway. I don't remember what it was called and didn't take a photo of the displayed name card.

Whatever it was, it was pretty tasty and wasn't as sweet as it appeared. Will definitely try other non-chocolate things if we ever needed to go to Mountain View again.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Ahh these sweets look so cute...I need to expand my dessert horizon because everytime I am at bakery I order the exact same thing (5 Pork buns, chocolate cake and black forest cake plug egg tart) ...but they only cost me 8.5 ...

To think of it, I will get to save on calories if I just try one item from fancier place. Maybe after I finish this batch.

D. said...

Hey Mina,

They were adorable. If they weren't covered in chocolate I'd eat a lot more! I love chocolate, but only in very small portions, like a bite ^.^"

Pork buns and egg tarts are my default as well! In fact, they're my measure stick for an authentic Chinese bakery.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts