Saturday, February 16, 2019

Nature Republic Forest Garden Cleansing Oil

After finishing up The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Oil Runny Rich, I begrudgingly moved on to this 200mL pump bottle of Nature Republic Forest Garden Cleansing Oil Olive, not because I wanted to but because the bottle was leaking so badly. I know, two grumpy posts in a row, but I promise this post won't be as ranty as the previous :P

Anyway, I was incredulous. I'd first sealed the whole bottle in saran wrap as usual, then I'd taped the hell out of the pump, and finally I'd put the sealed and taped bottle into a ziplock bag, just in case. That was mid November, and when I'd checked on these a few weeks ago, there was already a pool of cleansing oil at the bottom of all three ziplock bags. The Olive had the biggest pool, which was why I used it first.


It was the crappy pump, just as I'd thought. One pump dispenses half air and half cleansing oil. For each use, I need two pumps for each side of my face, then another four for my forehead and neck, for total of eight pumps just to get enough product on my whole face and decolletage.

Thankfully, the cleansing oil itself isn't nearly as bad. Actually, it's a pretty decent cleansing oil, much thicker than The Face Shop. It rinses better too and didn't leave any film behind on my face. There's a generic Jergens lotion that turns more floral as I massage it into my skin. Over all, save for the faulty pump that's most probably the source of the major leakage, this feels like any other Japanese cleansing oils I've been using for years. Again, I won't repurchase because I'm scared of the leaky bottle, but otherwise it's pretty good.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts