Friday, February 15, 2019

Boscia Tsubaki Splash Mask

Long time no mask! It might have been a couple of years now since I last used a mask of any kind, not because I don't want to but because I have zero time. When my little one started school a few weeks ago, I had a few minutes to reorganize my stash and happened upon this 55mL/1.85fl. oz. pump bottle of Boscia Tsubaki Splash Mask, which has now been discontinued so please excuse another useless (and ranty--you've been warned) post ^.^"


Anyway, I took a quick glance at the instructions on the box and saw the words "in shower," and pretty much stopped reading and tossed it into my toiletries basket. A mask I can use in the shower? Yay, so convenient!

Nope.

Turns out this Splash Mask is in the same category as the jelly ball soap--diva products, as in not products for divas but products that are so demanding on the users that they might as well be the divas. Novel ideas yes, fun to use may be, impractical definitely. There are two ways to use this thing and both make me throw my head back and laugh.

1. To use it the splash way:
- I'm to add 1-2 pumps to a basin of warm water
- Splash mixture onto my face for 15-20 seconds, don't rinse, and don't wipe off

Erhhh, am I supposed to walk around with water dripping from my chin and running down my throat until my face air-dries?! It's winter (hint: brrr), not to mention I don't have time to wait around for my face to dry. Has anyone tried to apply skincare on wet face, or put on clothes with wet face? How does that work out? 

2. To use it "in the shower":
- Pat 1 pump directly onto thoroughly wet and clean face, don't rinse, and don't wipe off.

Erhhh, did they forget I'm in the shower, with water streaming from a shower head straight down onto my head?!

More insults to the injury: this stuff stings my eyes, because there's water running down my wet face and everything and I'm not supposed to dab dry with a towel. Oh wait, was I supposed to splash this stuff onto my face but somehow avoid the eye areas? Or use it in the shower but somehow keep my eye area dry? Woops. My bad.

Sarcasms aside, this "splash mask" has an herbal scent and does feel nice and moisturizing on, that is, until I dry my face off with a towel. Ha. My conclusion: good riddance. What a stupid product. What was I thinking when I bought it? (I probably wasn't) Now I can wait another couple of years to try (and hate) another mask.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts