Sunday, June 1, 2008

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Diamond Luster Face Powder

A couple of months ago when I was combing through the Victoria's Secret website to look for my beloved Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm, I spotted this pretty cheek palette instead - the Very Sexy Diamond Luster Powder. A couple of weeks or so after I got in the mail, Miss Muse put up a post about it, and from her I learned Victoria's Secret put out a collection every year. I had no idea!!! I guess I never paid much attention to Victoria's Secret makeup to begin with...


Anyway, I'm glad I got a hold of this Diamond Luster Powder. It's beautiful! It comes in a sleek and petite little black compact with a mirror, and the powder itself comes in a combination of 5 colors in motifs of gemstones in different shapes and cuts. So pretty! The package says it has *real* crushed diamond powder in it, but I really doubt it so I'll just pretend I never read that :)


Anyway, the powder is not as silky as it could be, which is really too bad. Also, it is meant to be a highlighter despite looking like it would pass for a blush. It goes on sheer with a peachy gold sheen and will give a very slight veil of color after some layering. And although the packaging makes you think the powder will be glittery, it is not. The shimmers are very finely milled, so the sheen is very dewy and if I overdo it, the sheen turns metallic on me. I also like the fact that I could use the colors individually for my eyes, especially the gold the and pale pink in the middle.


There are 5 colors in this palette:
- Top left and right corners, and lower right corner: a metallic gold, low intensity. Makes a beautiful eye shadow.
- Upper left side, and top middle: a fuchsia pink, metallic pearl, low intensity
- Lower left side, and most of the right side: a peach, metallic pearl, low intensity. Makes a nice eye shadow too, just a bit trickier to use since it turns a bit orangey on my eye area (and yet stays a pretty peach on my cheek!!).
- Middle: a very metallic cloud pink, very sheer. Also makes a beautiful eye shadow. I love this color best on my eyes with the gold. I would put the gold on my lids, and then this pink on my crease and wow - beautiful metallic eyes!
- Bottom left, towards the middle: a orangey copper, metallic pearl, medium intensity. Looks like a reddish brown, doesn't it? Don't let it fool you. Also, this color is the most pigmented out of the lot.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts