Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Botanist Botanical Hand Cream

I went through a hand cream craze that started in the fall of 2019 and lasted through the fall of 2020. During that time, I bought dozens of hand creams from many dozens brands, one of them was Botanist. I found these on Amazon JP and couldn't help picking up three 30g tubes in Grapefruit & Chamomile, Lavender & Freesia, and Lime & Lily.


I'd expected these to be thin but their formula turned out to be a tad thick for the summer. Regardless, I liked them enough to keep them by my bedside and put them on right before I crawl into my blanket ^.^" The cream felt nice on my hand, not sticky, and absorbed quickly. I put it on my elbows and knees too! Too bad the stuff didn't stay on. It came right off when I washed my hands in the morning :( Oh well. Will not repurchase.

- Grapefruit & Chamomile: Had a lovely and light fragrance that's only mildly citrusy. I couldn't discern any grapefruit at all. Still, this was my favorite scent of the three!
 
- Lavender & Freesia: I actually expected to like this scent the least but it turned out not so bad. The lavender fragrance was mild and not too strong, and the flower scent actually complimented it.

- Lime & Lily: for some odd reason, this scent was the strongest out of all three. Oof, the flower fragrance was overwhelming and there was no hint of lime whatsoever. I was able to put up with the scent but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Botanist always has these amazing sounding scents (Jasmine & Peach, hello?) that smell nothing like you't think they do. :(

D. said...

Hi Julia,

They trick you too? I thought it was just me!

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

No, all scents I've tried have disappointed me somehow lol

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts