Thursday, August 12, 2021

Tea Time Part VII

More teas, more Tea Time posts! ^.^

***Disclaimer: I'm *not affiliated* with any of these vendors. Just sharing the goodies I enjoy is all.

Bought a bunch of these Gen-matcha (Matcha-Genmaicha) from David's Tea to pair with my ochazuke. Pretty good, and really they'd have to be pretty bad to screw up Gen-matcha.
 
Got a care package from my friend J. with teas from Samovar, an organic and small-batch tea brand. She picked out our favorites too, a Four Seasons Oolong, and Earl Grey Black, and a caffeine-free Cacao Mint Herbal. How lucky am I to have such caring and considerate friends? Thank you, J.!

- Cacao Mint Herbal: this tea is interesting. It's pretty much cacao shells, bits of mint leaves, and lavender buds. Pretty good, a guilt-free chocolate mint tea.

- Earl Grey Black: also pretty good! Earl Grey is my standard fare and I have at least a dozen from different brands, not counting different flavored Earl Greys, which is to say they'd have to be pretty terrible to screw this one up as well.

- Four Seasons Oolong: this was meant for hubby because oolongs are his favorite. A bit astringent but still fragrant. Likey!

Got this box of Stash Tea Company Mango Passionfruit Herbal from my cousin J. Pretty good! Tart and fragrant. Likey!

This bag of Ronnefeldt Pfirsichblüte (Peach Blossom?) was among the many lovely care packages I received from Julia over the years. It's a lovely fruity/peachy green tea that I enjoy very much, along with Morgentau. Now that my littlest one is 15 months, I'm slowing making my way back to black, green, and oolong teas. Goodness, I miss my teas!

Tried several new teas from Ahmad Tea as well, mostly herbal: Lemon & Ginger, Camomile & Lemongrass, Lemon Vitality, and Mixed Citrus. These are decent but a tad weak, weaker than their black and green tea bags. Hubby likes to brew his tea (bag or loose) very lightly, as in he pours in the hot water and takes the tea out right away, and yet these tea bag lose flavor with the second brew. Probably will only repurchase Lemon & Ginger and nothing else. 

The large tin of English Breakfast was for my brother. He's into traditional black tea with milk and sugar. Last winter, he and his friend started to experiment with making chai and we got to be the guinea pigs ^.^ Yum!

- Lemon & Ginger: to be honest, I got this not for enjoyment but for days when my big and little boys get sick ^.^" These tea bags are nice although I wish they made the ginger a bit stronger.

- Camomile & Lemongrass: this was for my mum. She's really into camomile teas so whenever I see a camomile tea I pick it up for her to try.

- Lemon Vitality: this was okay. I brew this with a slice of fresh ginger. The lemon flavor is gone after a very light first brew though :(

- Mixed Citrus: this is more tart, more acidic than the Lemon Vitality above, yet at the same time the flavor is gone after a light first brew :(

See my previous posts:

1 comment:

Julia said...

It's peach blossom indeed! Glad you seem to like it.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts