Sunday, June 1, 2008

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC is a Japanese brand with a good North American following, even though most of their sales occur via monthly catalogues and an online shop. They are known for making olive oil-based skin care products, of which the Deep Cleansing Oil is a best seller with a huge fan base, myself included :D



***Picture from DHC USA.

Actually, I've been using this Deep Cleansing Oil for almost 2 years now. For a while though, I stopped and switched to FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil because I thought it was too drying. It turns out to be the sunscreen I was using, the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 55 PA+++, that was drying out my skin. After I changed my sunscreen to Sofina Perfect UV SPF 50+ PA+++, my skin recovered and I switched back to DHC.

I have tried 3 different cleansing oils: DHC, FANCL, and Shiseido SunCare Ultimate Cleansing Oil. By far, the Shiseido one is thinnest in consistency, then FANCL, and DHC is the thickest. The stuff looks, feels, and (somewhat) smells like olive oil! It took a while to get used to, but I ended up liking that smell more than the fragrance in the Shiseido and the strange sour smell in the FANCL (no, it hadn't gone bad, it just smells like that!).

I'm glad I went back to this DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, actually. My face feels refreshed and clean afterwards, and now that I'm not using the Shiseido sunscreen anymore, I see that the cleansing oil doesn't dry out my skin at all! I only use this cleansing oil at night to remove my sunscreen, and it takes 1.5 pumps (the instructions recommend 1-2) for me to take everything off of my face. If I wear eye makeup, I use a separate eye makeup remover first and leave the rest to the cleansing oil. Afterwards, I follow with another gentle cleanser as recommended. A bottle of 6.7 oz (200 mL) lasts me 3-4 months.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts