Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Aveda All Sensitive Toner

Among my toners binge was also the now-discontinued Aveda All Sensitive Toner. Yes, it's been discontinued, don't know why. And I like it too :(

This All Sensitive Toner is alcohol and fragrant free, but it does contain an oil and is therefore not a hydrator. I actually don't use it as a toner on a cotton pad. I just spray a couple of sprays onto the palm of my hand and then pat it onto my cheeks and forehead. I like that it immediately made my skin comfortable and left behind no stickiness. Felt like I had put some very nice water on my face ^.^ I think both the DHC Mild Lotion as well as the Water Base Moisture were meant to be this way but unfortunately ended up with a sticky aftermath.


***Picture from Amazon.com.

That said, this toner is not perfect either. As much as it keeps my skin comfortable, I think it has a part in melting the sunscreen around my eye area when used in combination with Lancome Secret de Vie (will review very soon). I'm just guessing for now because I also used The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner with Lancome Secret de Vie and the sunscreen didn't melt. I didn't use The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner any differently than this one. I also patted it onto my face prior to moisturizing. And yet with Aveda toner, half way through the day my eye makeup was all a melty mess (so embarrassing, especially when my Japanese colleagues always have perfect makeup all day!) and my eyes became irritated. I thought it was just a bad combination of toner, moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup, but after trying several times with different eye shadows formulas, I gave up.


This Aveda toner is nice, but may be I shouldn't use it during day time.

Aveda All Sensitive Toner:
Elettaria Cardamomum; Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract; Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract; Berberis Aristata Stem Powder; Pavonia Odorata Root Powder; Valeriana Wallichi Root Powder; Curcuma Longa Root Powder; Vetiveria Zizanoides; Caesalpinia Sappan Stem Powder; Albizzia Lebbeck Powder; Inula Racemosa Root Powder; Panthenol; Sodium Hyaluronate; Sodium PCA; Glycerin (from Coconut); Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil; Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate; PEG-12 Dimethicone; Citric Acid; Sodium Gluconate; Disodium EDTA; Methylparaben.
***List of ingredients from AlexisSano on MakeupAlley.com.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts