Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DHC Water Base Moisture

I guess the purpose of this DHC Water Base Moisture is light hydration, even though the name is totally misleading as there are no oil ingredients in it. I bought it the first time I saw it. How could I not? A water based hydrator that is identical in texture as water? Sold.


***Picture from DHC USA.

It comes in a 2 fl. oz. glass bottle with a blue twist off cap. The texture is identical to water: it is completely clear, runny, and is supposed to be unfragranced, although I must admit there is a slight scent of something rather, not bad though. There is a dropper, so don't worry about spilling. You are supposed to shake a drop or two into the palm of your hand, rub them together, and then dab all over your face.

And while the concept sounds wonderful and easy enough, it's actually not that great. At first, I thought I'd try it as an intense hydration treatment, i.e. soaking a sheet mask tablet in it and wear it for a 15-20 minutes or so. Bad idea. It made my face so incredibly sticky afterwards (perhaps the royal jelly extract?), even worse than the sleeping packs(!), that I had to go splashed some water on my face, which then rinse the darn stuff right off :( Okay, my bad, so I stuck to the original instructions and only shook 1-2 drops into my palm and dab onto my face. Nope. Same result, my skin was as sticky as syrup. The worse part is that I didn't feel any hydration in my skin. No relief, no comfort, nothing, just stickiness like I had painted sugar water on my face. What was the point of this product again? Boo.

DHC Water Base Moisture:
Water/aqua/eau, butylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, glycerin, pentylene glycol, placental protein, soluble collagen, hydrolyzed elastin, serine, phenoxyethanol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, royal jelly extract, panax ginseng root extract, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, allantoin.
***List of ingredients from DHC North America.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts