Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner

I had been trying out The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner for a few weeks, and it too came with me on our time-out short trip.

This toner is from the Vitamin E Skin Care Starter Kit, which includes 60mL/2 fl oz. each of the Hydrating Toner and Cream Cleanser, and 15mL/0.5 oz. each of the Moisture Cream and Night Cream. The Vitamin E Moisture Cream I had tried before, having had the same 15mL/0.5 oz. jar in a different GWP.

Now that I think about it, I really enjoy trying different products in a smaller travel-size packaging. It takes way too long for me to finish a full sized product, which may or may not be compatible with my skin. And besides, quickly finishing up a travel size means I can move on to try new things since there are only, like, a gazillion skin care items out there waiting to be sampled. If you haven't figure this out by now, I have no product loyalty whatsoever :X And of course, travel sizes are convenient too, because in a huff you can throw them in your bag and get out of town for a few days. That's it, I think I'm going to stop buying full size skin care products! Well, that is, if they only come in full size, which means I need to be wary of them to begin with.

Turns out I really, really like this toner. It is alcohol-free but is scented with a nice and light rose fragrance. It does have a funny texture though and this alone might creep out some people. It feels like a very runny and slightly slimy gel, and being clear it kind of reminds me of...umm... saliva. But if you can get past that it's a wonderfully mild toner that actually makes my skin feel comfortable and keeps the oiliness in check. I have noticed that my face tended to be more oily on the lazy days when I skipped this toner.

I use it both mornings and nights. At night, after cleansing I put some on a cotton pad and wipe my face with it. In the morning, I pour a little tiny bit into my palm and pat it onto my skin, whereupon it soaks up immediately and leaves me feeling quite comfortable. A total keeper, especially for those dry winter months. I'm not sure if I should continue using this during the summer. I might pat it on in the mornings underneath my super light summer day moisturizer if it can keep itself (and my moisturizer and sunscreen) from melting in the heat and humidity. Sounds too good to be true, right? We'll see. In the mean time, I'll be waiting for a good sale to stock up.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner:
Water, Glycerin, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Diglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Linalool, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Farnesol.
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts