Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Three Cup Chicken (三杯雞)

When I found pictures for my Black Pork (東坡肉) post from Almost Bourdain, I decided to look through it for more yummy things to try and stumbled upon this Three Cup Chicken (三杯雞). The recipe looks so simple and I've been craving for Chinese food so...

Since I used the Three Cup Chicken recipe from Almost Bourdain, I won't post it again here.

The result was yummy, though I put in one too many chile peppers so hubby and I were half crying while we ate it LOL!


And turns out, it tasted just like a different recipe for Shanghai Basil Chicken that I replicated from a Chinese restaurant in Denver. We visited the restaurant only once but the dish was so delicious I was hell bent on replicating it at home. The restaurant recipe calls for the chicken thigh meat with bones in and is on the sweeter side, but the 2 dishes taste very similar nonetheless.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts