Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish

After running away from the sandpaper-in-a-tube that was the Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator, I happily moved on to this Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish 0.4oz/11.3g GWP tube that was a part of the Sephora 2012 Holiday It Kit 3 The Lasting Impression.

Sephora 2012 Holiday It Kit 3 The Lasting Impression
***Picture from Sephora USA.

My sister took a picture of the contents of the kit (along with my purchase) to show me as it arrived while I was still in Taipei. The mascara, perfumes, and the Sephora Instant Moisturizer all went to my mum and the Sephora Foundation Primer went to my sister in law.

Sephora Instant Moisturizer 0.169fl oz./5mL, made in Switzerland! 

Sephora Foundation Primer 0.27fl oz./8mL

Anyways, back to Flawless Skin Face Polish. It was love at first use - one of the best exfoliators I've ever come across in fact! I liked it so much I immediately checked it out at Laura Mercier's website and am seriously contemplating getting the new bonus size tube (8.6oz/200mL, twice the regular size!) despite it being gigantic (you know how I disdain giant tubes and bottles!) and costs a cool $42. The regular size is 3.5oz/100mL for $30.

I have to say the scent won me over first. It was a very mild creamy fruity pear fragrance that, how should I put this, addicting. I normally dislike pear fragrances. Actually, let me rephrase that. I hate pear fragrances. They give me headaches. But not this one. This one smelled good enough to eat, so good I was tempted to, umm, lick it several times. I didn't, rest easy, but the scent made every use super enjoyable and I actually looked forward to scrubbing my face every two mornings.

It exfoliated very well. The exfoliating particles were dense and effective but were not harsh nor scratchy at all! In fact, it was gentle enough to be used on and around the lips when they got chapped. Afterwards, my face (and lips) were always super smooth, soft, and glowing, ready for the subsequent skincare products that I pile on, which kept my dry skin in check. Throughout the month-long visit, this sample tube of Face Polish lasted for about 3+ weeks (you don't need much at all!) and I didn't get a single patch of dry flake during that time. I am so happy to have gotten to try this as I would never think to buy it myself, didn't even know it existed, actually...

That said, it is pretty pricey. If you're looking for something more pocketbook friendly and comparably nice, I'd say try The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator instead. As for myself, I'm waiting for a nice promotion to pounce on the bonus size, if it's still available then.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts