Saturday, December 22, 2012

Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator

Here's a short review for the several 0.10 fl oz./3 mL sample tubes of the Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator from my various Caudalie orders. I started using them in Taipei after having finished up the full size of The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator

My favorite samples from Caudalie. From left to right: Deep Cleansing Exfoliator, Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream, and VinoSource S.O.S Thirst-Quenching Serum

This Deep Cleansing Exfoliator came out of the tube a soft white cream, much softer than the thick and firm cream the Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator was, and there were more exfoliating beads as well. It has the same fresh leafy and viney scent as many other Caudalie products, which I really like. To my great surprise and disappointment, however, it felt really harsh on my skin! Perhaps the exfoliating beads were too dense, but they were scratchy and left my skin somewhat raw and red afterwards. It could be too that at the time, my skin experienced major clogging and might have been a bit sensitive but still, this was probably the harshest exfoliator I've used to date.


I would say the only redeeming point is that it rinses clean, but I wouldn't buy the full size for just that. It might be passable for a guy to use a little bit of this stuff to exfoliate his chin and jawlines a day or two after shaving to prevent ingrown hair, but I think it would still be too harsh everywhere else on his face. Men may have thicker skin than women, but they don't have alligator skin! Hell, I will probably use the rest of mine to exfoliate my elbows and knees! So yeah, I don't recommend this one, unfortunately. Although I do see that Caudalie has another Gentle Buffing Cream, so may be I will try a sample of that one if it's available next time ^.^

Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator:
AQUA (WATER), POLYETHYLENE, HEXYLDECYL STEARATE*, MEL (HONEY), 
GLYCERIN*, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL*, ARACHIDYL ALCOHOL*, 
GLYCERYL STEARATE*, BEHENYL ALCOHOL*, STEARIC ACID*, PALMITIC ACID*, 
POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE*, 
HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE*, CETYL ALCOHOL*, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), 
GLYCERYL PALMITATE*, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL*, POTASSIUM 
SORBATE, SODIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, 
HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, MENTHOL*, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA 
(LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT*, PHOSPHOLIPIDS*, POLYGLYCERYL-10 STEARATE*, 
HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, VITIS 
VINIFERA (GRAPE) FRUIT EXTRACT*, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL 
METHYLPROPIONAL. (051/040)*Plant origin
***List of ingredients from Caudalie USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts