Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hadanomy Collagen Concentrated Mist

This Hadanomy Collagen line was my "goodbye Japan" gift to myself ^.^ Of course I was being silly, because both the Hadanomy Collagen as well as AquaPlacenta lines are easily available via the internet as well as here in SF, and I have already spotted them all over Japan Town. Then again, I got these in Japan for a discounted price and no markups or international shipping :P

Anyway, I am reviewing this Collagen Concentrated Mist first. It is not the first layer of my daily skincare routine (that would be SK-II Facial Clear Lotion then Facial Treatment Essence at night, and currently The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner then Facial Treatment Essence again in the morning), but it is the first step after cleansing (makeup removal) and washing (follow up cleansing) according to the product guide. I started using it almost two months ago after hubby and I left Taipei.

Suggested routine for nights (purple section): 
1. Collagen Cleansing (for makeup removal, pink tube, haven't tried this yet; if you wear a water resistant Japanese sunscreen, you will need an oil cleanser to remove that first), OR
2. Collagen Wash (follow up cleanser, pink pump bottle, I skipped this and didn't bother with it)
3. This Collagen Concentrated Mist, OR
4. Collagen Lotion (using off and on, will review next)
5. Collagen Milk (using right now, will review next)
6. Twice a week treatment: Collagen Mask (skipped this too) 
7. Collagen Concentrated Lotion (left this at home, but will review next)
8. Collagen Cream (haven't tried this yet)

Suggested routine for days (yellow section):
1. Collagen Wash
2. This Collagen Concentrated Mist, OR
3. Collagen Lotion
4. Collagen Milk, OR
5. Collagen Cream
***Hadanomy product guide from Hadanomy JP.

Sounds like total overkill, doesn't it? That's because it is, but I won't go there until I get to the relevant product(s). For now, I'm really loving this Collagen Concentrated Mist! Unlike its younger sister  Hadanomy AquaPlacenta Concentrated Mist, it is unscented and is slightly viscous lotion (toner) but is still spritz-able. Because of its viscosity, it also feels a bit slippery on the skin, rather than watery like the AquaPlacenta. That is not to say it's slimy or sticky - it's neither. In fact, it's quite light but at the same time moisturizing. 

I really should have brought this mister with me to Taipei as it would have been the perfect layer, if not the only layer after SK-II, at least until the weather cooled enough for me to add on! It was so humid there I pretty much stuck with the various serums (Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel, L'Oreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Advanced Skin Repair Daily Serum, and Caudalie VinoSource S.O.S Thirst-Quenching Serum) and skipped everything else. This mister would have saved me the trouble of those serums altogether! But knowing how fast I get bored of stuff I probably would have played with the serums anyway xD

The limited edition 90mL heart bottle. There was also a limited edition heart bottle with Lemon scent released summer 2011, but I missed it.

One good thing is that I haven't gotten bored of this mister yet ^.^ If anything, I prefer it over its slightly thicker sister Collagen Lotion (will review next)! If you are a super-light-moisturizer kind of person, love the feel of bare skin, and have normal skin that doesn't need to layer much else, give this (and/or the AquaPlacenta Concentrated Mist) a try!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts