Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pixi Beauty Eye Bright Primer

This 1.9g/0.06oz. deluxe sample tube Pixi Beauty Eye Bright Primer was part of the Pretty Eye Perfection Kit I got as GWP from Dermstore.

Pretty Eye Perfection Kit includes a 12-color eye shadow palette, a mini Endless Silky Eye Pen in 1-Black Noir, and this mini Eye Bright Primer. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

There is only one color available I think, No. 1 Au Natural, and the full since is packaged in a twist-click pen with a sponge tip. This mini one I have is in a tube with a doe-foot sponge tip applicator, which works for now, although I'll have to figure out how to get the rest of the stuff out of the tube later down the line.


This eye primer is unscented, with a thick cream texture that dries down to a powdery and opaque finish. It's really no different than a thick cream concealer in its dry powdery coverage! As you can see, this color is a couple of shades darker than the back of my hand, and is much yellower than my skin tone. However, since I only use a tiny little dab each time, as a result my lids are evened out and smooth, ready for color.

The best thing about this eye primer is that the dry powdery finish works very well with cream/gel/liquid eye colors, like the Victoria's Secret HyperGloss Eye Shimmers. Since I already have a few other runnier/creamier eye primers that will keep powder eye shadows well but will crease the cream/liquid ones, I save this primer to use exclusively with cream/liquid eye colors. And yes, I will probably purchase a full size when I'm through with this little tube.

10 comments:

kuri said...

I haven't found a good primer, so this seems like a good candidate!

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Long time no see - how are you?

I have found a few really great eye primers recently, and this Pixi is one of them. Urban Decay is also good. Etude House Proof 10 is like super glue almost ^.^ And Milani (an American drugstore brand) make a great one for a fraction of UD's price. So yeah, check them out!

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Hi! お久しぶり!
I'm good; I just moved so I'm slowly settling in.

Ooh, I'll try out them all, starting with Milani, heh. I tried UD once but found it hard to spread and I was too lazy for primers anyway.

D. said...

はい、お久しぶりですね!どこに引っ越していったの?

I use UD with Koyudo Pr004 and it takes me 2 swipes flat ^.^ Actually any goat/synthetic wide brush will work. The Pr004 is 2,200jpy via CDJapan, and the exchange rate today is 122.70/USD, which I'm assuming you'd be using USD, so it's technically on sale for 20% off LOL!
(http://alittledabintomakeup.blogspot.com/2014/11/koyudo-brushes-part-iii.html)

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Heh, I need to review all of your reviews on the Japanese brushes.
The trouble is that while I like brushes, I am super lazy about washing them...

kuri said...

あ、いい忘れた!両親の近くに引っ越してきた。だんだんなれている

D. said...

あ。。私も最近両親の近くに引っ越してきた。^.^

D. said...

Oh, you know what's neat about these brushes? You do *not* have to wash them often ^.^

In fact, it's recommended that you do *not* wash them often, especially the squirrel hair/mixed squirrel hair brushes, because they're that fragile! Frequent washing will damage and break the hair, and even when you wash you need the most gentle vegetable-based soaps.

I wash my brushes about once or twice a year, with twice at most! How do I keep them clean? With a ---microfiber cloth--- xD Just gently wipe the brushes clean right after each use.

The microfiber will grab onto the makeup and take it right off of the hair. You won't believe how clean a cloth can keep your brushes! I fold each of my cloth in half and use one cloth for 4 sittings, then I throw it into the wash and hang dry after washing. Machine drying and fabric softener will damage the microfiber, and the brushes as well, because the wax from the fabric softener stays on the microfiber!

You can buy a dozen pack of these microfiber cloth pretty much anywhere (Amazon!). Ever since I got these brushes I stopped using tissues entirely. Tissues aren't soft at all for the fragile hairs, not to mention it's inefficient! Microfiber cloths are super soft, washable, and reusable, pretty much a win-win!

Sorry for the long-winded reply :X

kuri said...

あ、そうだったね!ご両親は喜んでいるよね。

oh really?!? That's awesome! Because I really wash them twice a year at the moment.

How convenient and less waste! I just bought some microfiber cloths too so that is really fortuitous.

Heh, you should do a post on this, if you didn't already (still catching up)

D. said...

はい、両親はすごく嬉しいです!May be a little too happy LOL!

See, you're already doing the right thing ^.^ I haven't gotten around to the cleaning aspects of the brushes yet, but I will definitely devote a section to this on the next brush post coming soon! (I'm catching up as well :P)

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts