Friday, August 29, 2014

NARS Lip Gloss

Slowly getting through the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lips 2013 edition here. The last NARS product I tried was the Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover, so I'm happy to try out this Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight. The color sounds...edible... (it's *not* - don't do it!) ^.^"

The Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lips 2013 edition set includes (as pictured on the outer packaging) Buxom Full-On Lip Polish Dolly, Laura Mercier Lip Glace Bare PinkFresh Sugar Rose Mini Tinted Lip Treatment, Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster Glitzy,  this Nars Lip Gloss Turkish Delight, and Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil Rhubarb. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


The formula is great! Thick and smooth and not sticky at all! It also feels very moisturizing on my lips. It didn't last as long as expected, may be 3-4 hours, but this is a gloss so I'll overlook that ^.^ It's unscented and does smell a bit chemically. Doesn't matter, I'd rather not have a gloss that smells sickly sweet.

- Turkish Delight: looks like a warm fleshy pink in the tube but upon the first swatch I was crushed. Not only it's cool and pale shell pink, it's also milky and opaque. Yes, I did try wearing it, and it was twice as bad as Laura Mercier Lip Glace Bare Pink - my lips were so pale I looked terribly ill, worse so because I don't have on the whole ganguro get up (umm...that was sarcastic, I'm not exactly a fan...). Who are they marketing these colors to?!? I would think even the teeny bobbers have standards!

From left to right: Buxom Dolly, Laura Mercier Bare Pink, NARS Turkish Delight, and Bite Rhubarb (will review next).

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts