Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tarte LipSurgence Part IV

I got my hands on a few more Tarte LipSurgence lippies ^.^ One is a Lip Luster from the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lips 2013 set, one is a Lip Stain purchased individually, and the last is a Lip Tint from the Tarte Thoughtful Treasures Best-Sellers Set. 

I'm kind of confused with all the varieties available. There's the original Lip Tint which comes in two finishes: sheen (I have the colors Enchanted, Elite, and the new Skintuitive below) and matte (I have the colors Exposed and Hope). I don't love matte finish, instead I adore the one with that leaves a sheen because most of the colors are translucent and shimmer free, and they stain! And note that when I say translucent, I don't mean sheer. The color can be bright, bold, and pigment, but it can still be see through, like the new Lip Stain in Amused below, which I honestly cannot differentiate with the Lip Tints I have, because they all are identically translucent, shimmer free, and staining! And then there are the Lip Cremes (I have Admired, Loved, and Carefree), which confused me even worse. Admired and Loves are translucent and shimmer free just like the Lip Tints, while Carefree have shimmers, just like the Lip Lusters (I have Escape, Sweet, and the new Glitzy below)! And oh yes, the Lip Lusters, with shimmers but otherwise equally translucent colors. And I don't quite understand why some of them says "Natural" on the packaging while others don't. *cue the jokes*

Anyway, I'm okay with some shimmers, and I'm trying hard to overlook the slightly sweet taste. But other than the confusing varieties, these have really grown on me with the strong and long lasting minty sensation. Granted, some colors I reach for more often than others, but if it weren't for their retail price I'd probably go nuts and try every color ^.^

Natural Lip Stain in Amused, purchased separately from Sephora. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


The Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lips 2013 edition set includes (as pictured on the outer packaging) Buxom Full-On Lip Polish DollyLaura Mercier Lip Glace Bare PinkFresh Sugar Rose Mini Tinted Lip Treatment, the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Glitzy below, Nars Lip Gloss Turkish Delight, and Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil Rhubarb



- Natural Lip Stain Amused: a shimmer free, bold, and bright but translucent magenta! And yes, it stains like crazy but I forgot to take a stain photo. Sorry! Will update later.

- Lip Luster Glitzy: this color is actually really neat! When looked at directly it's a peachy nude with gold shimmers, but from an angle it reflects and pinky purplish sheen. Very pretty!

Lip Stain Amused and Lip Luster Glitzy. Sorry for the dry hand. My new home is in a super dry environment and so the moment I slack off the hand cream, my hand turns into alligator hand T.T

The Tarte Thoughtful Treasures Best-Sellers Set below includes Pure Maracuja Oil 7mL/0.23oz., which I'm excited to try, Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Thankful which I will review soon, and LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint Energy.

Look how adorable that mini lip pencil is! The actual "nub" of product is only about the size of my thumbnail, and people are selling it on e(vil)bay for $10! Nuts!

Skintuitive Lip Tint Energy: this Lip Tint looks like a clear balm in the tube but the color warms up to your body heat. On the back of my hand, it's a sheer carnation pink but on my lips it's a hot pink and a lot brighter than the swatch below! It's shimmer free, translucent, and it stains, so I'm definitely getting a full size if there's a good promotion! Love this!

Again, sorry for the dry hand :(

See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts