Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Caudalie Merlot Friction Scrub

During the same Caudalie summer sale I also picked up this 150g/5.3oz. tub of Merlot Friction Scrub. I loved the Vinotherapie Crushed Cabernet Scrub which was a brown sugar scrub that left my skin moisturized and super soft the next day, so I thought I'd give this one a try too.


To my surprise, this one turns out to be a self-warming and firming scrub! It heats up with the shower steam and the peppermint oil in it gives me a tingling sensation all over. It's like I'm getting an exfoliating, warming, and moisturizing massage all at the same time ^.^ very nice! That said, it doesn't smell nearly as nice as the Crushed Cabernet. If anything, it smells a bit too chemical for me, and a tad stale too despite being sealed in an airtight tub with an extra plastic lid inside! 

Also, instead of having brown sugar which is much coarser and lasts longer as a scrub, this one uses fine white sugar, which dissolves really quickly in the shower steam, which means I have to use more for an adequate exfoliation. And I can't comment on the "firming action" because I don't use it often enough. How can a body scrub really "firm" your skin anyway, especially when you're going to wash it right off? This Merlot Friction scrub does leave my skin soft, but it's not as moisturizing as the Crushed Cabernet either. So yeah, I think I'm going to go back to the Crushed Cabernet. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts