Monday, October 27, 2014

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense

This mini Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in 03 Mightiest Maraschino was among the GWP items from Sak's 5th Avenue's Holiday 2013 GWP, and it took me a long time to even try it despite my love for the original Chubby Sticks. The reason being, as you can guess, it's way too intense for my taste ^.^'

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Formula wise, the Intense version feels identical to the Chubby Sticks, a balmy formula that wears comfortably, is moisturizing, and leaves a subtle sheen. I guess I did complain that my most recent Chubby Sticks acquisitions 13 Mighty Mimosa and 14 Curvy Candy are both too sheer even for me who likes sheer lippies, but not all my chubbies are sheer like those two! In fact, I would even contend that out of all the chubbies I own, only 13 Mighty Mimosa and 14 Curvy Candy are sheer. And actually, to say they're sheer is incorrect - they're not sheer as to adapting to my natural lip color so well they don't really show up on my lips, versus on the back of my hands they show up pretty well! And I guess many people must have complained about sheerness (or the color matching so well it doesn't show up on their lips either!), because Clinique made these Intense ones super pigmented! See the swatch below for yourself!

03 Mightiest Maraschino: maraschino red is a pretty accurate description for this blue based translucent red. And mind you, it's translucent but it's super pigmented and bright. When I dare reach for this Chubby Stick I only dab it on over lip balm and that would give me more than enough color. Sheesh!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts