Friday, January 16, 2015

Nature Republic Snail Solution 80 Emulsion

The last time I used Nature Republic Snail Therapy 80 Emulsion, surprisingly I quite enjoyed it! Last year when I checked into the brand again (and bought the Botanical Eye Primer, which unfortunately turned out to be a dud), I found that the Snail Therapy line got reformulated and renamed to Snail Solution. And what do you know, there was a nice Snail Solution Special Set for a decent price, so I thought I'd give it a go.

This set contains 120mL/4fl oz. full sizes of Snail Solution 90 Skin Booster (lotion/toner), and Snail Solution 80 Emulsion, which is what I'm using right now. The bonus is a pair of 30mL/1fl oz. travel size each of the Skin Booster and Emulsion.

The packaging is rather interesting, efficient for home use but absolutely impractical and not for travel at all (which is probably why the set comes with a travel size bonus ^.^)! The full size bottle is tall and sleek, with a sanitary pump dispenser. I only need 1 pump for each use morning and night, and after two months now I haven't made much of a dent because the bottle is still as heavy as when I started. I'm guessing of course, because can't see how much is in the bottle at all - it's opaque. 

Despite this being an "emulsion," I use it like a toner, as in it's the first thing I put on after cleansing, followed with eye cream, serum/treatment, then seal with a moisturizer. There's a reason I picked this Emulsion and use it as a toner instead of the actual toner, the Skin Booster above - it's winter and my skin needs the thicker formula. When the weather warms up, I'll probably switch over to the Skin Booster instead.

Sadly, I don't like the new formulation as much as I did the old one. The first difference I noticed was the texture of the emulsion. The old version was translucent, slightly runny and viscous, and slimy. The new version is milky, not runny at all and more like a gel cream, and only slightly slimy. The old version went on very light and absorbed completely, while this new version goes on thicker with a noticeable stickiness and takes longer to absorb, about 5 minutes. 

These skincare products with snail ingredients supposedly brighten the skin and fade scars. While I didn't notice any skin brightening with the old formula, there was definitely some fast scar fading action as I found that my occasional pimples disappeared pretty fast while I was using it, like within 2-3 days! I still don't notice any skin brightening with the new formula, and sadly I haven't noticed any scar fading either. My occasional pimples come and go as they normally do, in about a week or sometimes longer. So it seems the new formula is nowhere as good as the old one, at least not for me. Oh, and it's much stronger scented to boot. Boo. Hiss.

I got a bunch of samples along with the order though ^.^ Tried the pair of Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Ultra Toner and Ultra Emulsion (the two small bottles at bottom) once and found them both horrifically sticky, and they broke me out! So I tossed them and didn't bother to review :( Bad Cera, bad!


See my previous Nature Republic Snail Therapy 80 Emulsion post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts