Monday, January 26, 2015

Visee Lip & Cheek Cream

Visee released these Lip & Cheek Cream late summer 2014. I was super curious how these would compare to the current favorite Canmake Cream Cheek Clear Series, so among the 6 colors available I picked up 3 to try.

Visee Lip & Cheek Cream OR-3, RD-1, and RD-6. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I can't help thinking Visee made these to compete with the Canmake Cream Cheek Clear Series, finally get on board with the gel cheek and lip color trend. I was surprised how small these were when they arrived! They're smaller than the Canmake ones, but about twice as thick. They cost twice as much as Canmake but also contain twice the product amount, 5.5g versus Canmake's 2.3g.

The Visee formula is unscented and shimmer free, and rather interesting. To the touch, it feels like a hard gelled gloss but somewhat thicker, versus Canmake's thinner hard gel crayon. On the cheeks, the Visee blends very well and is just as pigmented as Canmake. On the lips though, they feel completely different!

I tested both Visee and Canmake on bare lips for more accuracy. To my surprise, as thick as Visee was to the touch, on my lips it became really thin and slippery, almost silicone-y, as though I was dabbing on a stain, which means no moisture whatsoever. It set quickly upon application, and my lips withered along with it. So did Visee stain? Nope. Didn't stain at all and wiped off completely from bare lips. On the other hand, Canmake was thinner to the touch but was thicker, much more emollient on the lips! Did Canmake stain? Unfortunately no ^.^ But remember, Canmake isn't even marketed for the lips. I only got into the habit of wiping the excess from my fingers onto my lips so I wouldn't waste any extra ^.^ 

Given that both Visee Lip & Cheek Cream and Canmake Cream Cheek Clear Series are similarly blendable and pigmented, my conclusion is that Visee utterly failed its "lip cream" claim, because it neither feels like a cream on my bare lips, nor does the color stain or last. Whereas Canmake wins for sheer versatility, wearing decently on the lips even though it wasn't marketed that way. I like how Canmake works, under promise and over deliver, versus Visee over promised and under delivered. 

That said, if you plan to only wear Visee on the cheeks (as I do!), definitely try them as an alternative to Canmake. I would say on the cheeks both brands are quite comparable.

- OR-3: a bright navel orange in the pot and on the back of my hand, but on my cheeks it turns slightly coral.

- RD-1: a yellow-based red (versus the blue-based strawberry red in Canmake CL01 Clear Red Heart). This color and RD-6 are both more pigmented than OR-3 above. Love!

- RD-6: looks like a blue-based red in the pot but swatched much cooler deep pink if not raspberry. Still gorgeous and flattering on the cheeks, although even more pinkier once blended!

OR-3, RD-1, and RD-6.

4 comments:

m said...

That's too bad because the colors look gorgeous!

D. said...

Hi m,

The colors are gorgeous and these are quite excellent on the cheeks, as the Canmake ones are! So don't be deter by how they feel on the lips. Just ignore the "lip cream" part :)

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Wow, the colors are lovely! I may need to pick up the RD-1!

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Oooh, RD-1 is a good choice! It's my favorite one out of the 3 ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts