The 13 Love Peach might have been the very last of the Cream Cheeks, save for the Clear Series. Since this color came out in fall 2012 (I think...), there has been no new colors in the regular line. And might as well, because I think they were running out of color options -.-" (see comparison swatches below)! Anyway, I won't be reviewing the formulas and will go straight to the colors themselves. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
- 13 Love Peach: a pigmented and opaque milky peach. Despite the pigmentation, the color itself is so light after blending I just get a fresh flush. This is nice for daytime as I don't want anything too obvious, but the color pretty much disappears at night, which is the reason I do reach for equally pigmented but darker colors. So unfortunately, this color will probably be mere highlighters for some people, so I'd say it's safe to skip.
And I said Canmake was running out of color options for the regular Cream Cheek line because there are several colors that are not identical, but close enough.
Here is a comparison between (top row) 01 Peach Dream, 03 Strawberry Whip, 08 Marshmallow Pink, 12 Milky Orange, and (bottom) 13 Love Peach. While you can differentiate the 5 among their swatches, after blending you'd have to seriously stare until your eyes pop out to distinguish one from another.
From the comparison above I found 01 Peach Dream to be closest to 13 Love Peach, perhaps because they're both peaches? Anyway, 01 Peach Dream turns out to be pinkier than 13 Love Peach, but same as above, they're indistinguishable after blending.
Here are the newer and newest Cream Cheek Clear Series releases, CL06 Clear Peach Sugar and CL07 Clear Ruby Cherry. After the disappointment that was CL05 Clear Happiness, I was down in the dumpster just looking at CL06 Clear Peach Sugar, because it appears even worse than CL05 in the pot T.T Thankfully CL07 Clear Ruby Cherry was much much much better and makes up for everything that CL06 falls short.
- CL06 Clear Peach Sugar: a carnation pink and is as sheer as it looks. Boo. Hiss. Come on Canmake, cut it out with these pale and sheer cream/jelly cheek colors already!
Here's a comparison between (top row) CL02 Clear Love Song Pink, CL04 Clear Pink Joy, and (bottom) CL06 Clear Peach Sugar, just to show you how lacking it is versus its older sisters. Urgh.
- CL07 Clear Ruby Cherry: finally, some much-awaited color! This is a gorgeous and super pigmented ruby red and you need it. Now. The swatch is a single swipe! If you like the first four of these Clear Series jellies, this CL07 is a must have! Ignore CL05 and CL06. I just pretend they don't exist, just as they pretend they don't exist on my cheeks.
Against my favorite CL01 Clear Red Heart, I'd say this CL07 Clear Ruby Cherry is on par with pigmentation level, and as you can see CL01 is clearly a yellow-based red whereas CL07 is blue-based and deeper. Love, love, love!
- Canmake Cream Cheek
- Canmake Cream Cheek Part II Clear Series
- Canmake Cream Cheek Part III Clear Series
- Canmake Cream Cheek Part IV Clear Series