Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist Part IV

Several months ago, I lucked out and was able to nab Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist in the colors 08 桃玉 (Tougyoku) and 09 柘榴石 (Zakuroseki) via Selfridges UK Online. I did mention I want all the colors in this formula, right? ^.^

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Interestingly enough, 08 桃玉 (Tougyoku) has markedly different texture and finish than the rest of the line and you can actually see these differences in the swatch photo. It's much balmier and while there's a subtle sheen, it lacks the glossy finish that's characteristic of the Creamy Glow Moists. Good thing it's still extremely comfortable to wear and is moisturizing.

Overall, I'm very happy with both colors, especially 09 柘榴石 (Zakuroseki). Fast forward a few more months and I got a hold of a few more colors--can't wait to get to these! Expecting the little one's arrival, I took photos and swatched them all in May. Will post soon when time permits. 

- 08 桃玉 (Tougyoku): semi-translucent and warm peachy pink in the tube but turns a brighter sakura pink on my lips. There's a slight milkiness upon application but thank goodness this goes away as the formula "adapts." On a great lips day, this color is very flattering on me. On a drier lips day, it settles into cracks and emphasizes the dry flakes. The color is beautiful and I like it a lot, but I wish it was more translucent like 09 柘榴石 (Zakuroseki) below. 

Next to 12 紅蜂蜜 (Benihachimitsu), 08 桃玉 (Tougyoku) turns totally pink-coral.

- 09 柘榴石 (Zakuroseki): looks mauve in the tube but is translucent rose on my lips. To my surprise, this is a my-lips-but-better color on me. Super easy to wear. Love it!

08 桃玉 (Tougyoku) and 09 柘榴石 (Zakuroseki). Are these lovely colors?


See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts