Thursday, July 18, 2019

Estee Lauder Take It Away Makeup Remover Lotion

I have a 30mL/1fl. oz. tube of Estee Lauder Take It Away Makeup Remover Lotion that I've tried using a few times but am still ambivalent about, each use left me feeling iffy and uncertain rather than clean and confident.

This "makeup remover lotion" confuses me. It claims to remove stubborn waterproof makeup and the tube indeed instructs me to apply to dry skin, yet it also touts a "unique water-based formula," which makes me think it's somewhere along the line of a makeup cleansing gel. However, it comes out of the tube a light cream and not at all a gel or even a lotion as named. Even more confusing is that as I massage my face with it, it melts into a watery milky liquid that drips from my chin. It rinses okay but does leave behind a slight film like a milk cleanser.

Because of this film, I can't really tell whether the sunscreen is still on or not. Each time I use it, I'd be nervous all night whether I'd wake up to breakouts from clogged pores. I have yet to experience any breakouts or clogged pores, but I don't like the fact that it leaves me wondering to begin with. If a product doesn't inspire my confidence, it's not worth it in my opinion. That, and it's too strongly scented. I've since "demoted" it to remove swatches on the back of my hand.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts