Saturday, September 28, 2019

Boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder

Don't ask why I bought two of these 60g/2.11oz. bottles of Boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder, only to drag my feet when it comes to actually using them =.=


To be honest, my best (possibly my only positive) experience with a powder cleanser was the L'Occitane Red Rice Exfoliating Rice Powder. Not only that dispenser was user-friendly, the washing powder itself was mild and the rice powder exfoliator was gentle. Every other washing powder I'd used was in a bottle with a twist or flip cap (DHC, FANCL, etc.), which made dispensing messy and spill-prone, not to mention the washing powder being harsh and drying. Yup, that pretty much sums up why I took so long to get around to using this Boscia one.

Turns out I worried for nothing, because this Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder very much brings back the enjoyment I had with the L'Occitane one ^.^ Hooray! Yes, the bottle with twist cap is totally messy still--I spilled some powder the very first time I opened it up, urgh. Also, since I'm using it at night in the shower as a follow up cleanser after sunscreen removal, there's always a risk of getting water into the bottle which would dissolve and ruin the rest of the washing powder.

That said, I have no complaints on the washing powder itself. It has a very delicate scent, doesn't foam much if at all, and best of all it's very mild and doesn't strip my skin. Like the L'Occitane washing powder, the exfoliating agent here is also rice bran powder, and it's just as gentle. Actually, there isn't a lot of the rice bran to begin with so I think the exfoliating function is negligible here. Either way, I very much enjoy using this and am glad I have two bottles after all, especially since it's also been discontinued ^.^"

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts