Sunday, May 17, 2015

Etude House Dear Darling Tint AD

Among the Korean lip tint market, Etude House Dear Darling Tint AD is another popular pick. I've read great things about these so I picked them up to compare with my current title holder TonyMoly Delight Tony Tint, considering they have the same price, $3 each! There are 4 colors available, 1 Berry Red, 2 Real Red, 3 Orange Red, and 4 Vampire Red.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

My first impression was that although both have the same doe foot applicator, the Etude House packaging is nicer than TonyMoly. Etude House is in a cute tube with metallic pink cap versus the oddly shaped TonyMoly tube with heart-shaped cap. That said, Etude House contains 4.5mL of product and TonyMoly contains 9mL, twice as much content for the same price of $3/each! TonyMoly wins here.

The formula is the same, a gel that's thicker and doesn't run, only Etude House again has a grape juice scent versus TonyMoly's fruity fragrance. Argh! What's with the grape juice scent, folks? I had no idea grapes were a thing in Korea! Pigmentation wise Etude House isn't as intense as TonyMoly, but still excellent and way better than all the other tints I've tried so far. It didn't survive my running water test sadly, so TonyMoly wins again ^.^

I'd say the only thing Etude House has over TonyMoly is the color 4 Vampire Red and not much else. Either way, to prolong the pigmentation and wear, I have the same recommendation for these Etude House tints: apply to bare lips, let set, then layer balm over for moisture.

- 1 Berry Red: more like hot pink and not red.


- 2 Real Red: a yellow based red. Love!

- 3 Orange Red: a fiery orange. Love this too!

- 4 Vampire Red: don't be scared of the dark-looking tube. This is a gorgeous burgundy that's wearable even for me.

Swatches (left) and blended (right).

After washing under warm running water. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts