Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss

*Music cue* Looooong ago, and oh, so far away...Okay, that was corny.

Back in my late high school early college days, Victoria's Secret made these lip glosses in clear rounded tubes with doe foot applicators that had silvery twist off handles. I believe they were called Victoria's Secret Shining Kisses Lip Gloss, or something like that.

Remember these?

***I don't remember where I got this picture. If it's yours and you would like credit, please leave a comment along with your web URL so I can link the credit to your page. Thank you.***

These Shining Kisses Lip Glosses were long discontinued and replaced by the squeeze tubes you see today of course, but I used to own several of them. Although the colors were nice, the formula was horrible! Not only they smelled bad, like something sweet but icky rather, they were really drying and stickier than a fly trap! Even the Stila It Glosses and Lip Glazes weren't as sticky and drying as these! Let's just say I hated these and wasn't so sorry at all when they were discontinued.

Then come these Beauty Rush Lip Glosses in squeeze tubes just like Lancome juicy tubes, only with a silvery screw cap. However, by then I'd already completely ignored the brand and return to the store only to replenish my supply of the beloved Soothing Lip Balms...And yet somehow, I still ended up with a couple of Beauty Rush Lip Glosses via GWPs. So this is my review after having tried only 2 of these, and since texture and stickiness can vary with different colors, take my words with a grain of salt.

With the 2 Beauty Rush Lip Glosses, I've noticed significant improvement since the last generation of the Shining Kisses. The texture is smoother, much less sticky, nowhere nearly as drying, well actually, the gloss did turn a bit tacky and drying on my lips after a few hours, but that only means the staying power is quite good. So yeah, these are decent glosses, but that said, you shouldn't have to pay the retail price of $7 for these. I would imagine there are drug store brands out there that makes equally decent glosses for cheaper. If you want to collect different colors, you should do the 5 for $20 deal or buy only when on sale and take advantage of those coupon/promotion :)

- Strawberry Fizz: smells yummy, like strawberry candies :) Goes on translucent with silver shimmers. It is flavored and has a sweet taste, which I generally dislike.


- Slice of Heaven: smells like hard candy and is also flavored with a sweet taste. Unfortunately this one didn't work so well for me. It looks like an innocent pink, but it's actually an opaque pearly pink with lilac iridescent. So yes, it turned pale and frosty on me and I looked like I was trying really hard. Next.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts