Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Makeup Mosaic Blush

After a disappointing try with Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Mosaic Eye Shadow, I managed to stay away from the line's Very Sexy Mosaic Blushes for a long time. That is, until they went on sale for a ridiculous price so I caved and picked up one. Am I a total sucker or what?



The Mosaic Blush is pretty much the same as the older ones, a combination of 5 different colors, only in new packaging, which is a sleek and petite black compact with mirror and no brushes (I use my own brush anyway!). The newer compact feels pretty sturdy and does not look cheap, a big improvement from the older rounded compact from the days of the Mosaic Highlighter and the Mosaic Eye Shadow Palette that felt more plastic-y. Unfortunately the powder blush itself feels a bit rough and not as smooth and soft as it could be. Good thing it is not dusty at all and swirling my brush in it doesn't produce a cloud of fuzzy powder, which can be really irritating.



All the color combinations available looked either too brownish orange (I'd rather it just be orange) or brownish bronze, so I picked up the "safest" looking one - Good To Go. This is a airy pink combination that is supposed to yield a more natural look, which it does, only the blush itself is quite sheer and for some colors you'll have to apply it in a few layers. On me though, one layer gave me a translucent pinkish glow, and with two layers I got a pink flush. I actually like the color a lot because it is so easy to manage - how can you go wrong with something this sheer? Yep, that speaks volumes about my makeup skills, doesn't it? :P



- Top left: pale cloud pink with very fine shimmers
- Top right: shimmery but not glittery sandy beige
- Bottom right: matte bubble gum pink
- Bottom left: shimmery but not glittery fleshy pink
- Center: mauve with very fine shimmers

Anyways, I just recently learned Victoria's Secret is going to do away with the entire Very Sexy and Beauty Rush lines and will replace both with something better, hopefully in quality and texture (but leave the Soothing Lip Balm the hell alone) :P If you like this Mosaic Blush, you should run out to the store as soon as you can because these are on sale for 75% off and they are disappearing rather quickly.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts