Monday, March 1, 2010

Victorias Secret Very Sexy Lip Gloss

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Lip Gloss is another cute GWP I only tried out recently even though the "Very Sexy" makeup line had all been revamped into "VS Makeup" last year. So yeah, unfortunately this review is a bit late and is regarding the older version of the Lip Gloss. I don't know whether they had change the formula in the newer VS Makeup Lip Glosses, but so far both have similar packaging in clear square tubes and the color names remain the same. The only apparent difference between is that the older gloss had a brush-tip applicator and the newer gloss has a sponge-tip applicator.



Anyway, this older formula is actually not so bad. It isn't too thick or too thin and absolutely not sticky at all, much better than the Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in my opinion. Also, these are more moisturizing and last quite a bit too! At least they didn't turn gunky on me after a few hours. The brush-tip applicator works really well in my opinion, very soft and applies evenly, so I don't know why they changed them. Oh well. Last but not least, these glosses are meant to have color, so if you are into pigmented glosses, you might want to try these. They are a tad pricey at $10 each, and I would never ever buy VS lip stuff at this price (I wouldn't even buy my recent favorite Glossy Shine Stick at retail!), so I encourage you to take advantage of those promotions/coupons or wait for sales!



The color I have is Wet. It is very a pretty mauve, similar to the Korres Cherry Oil Lip Gloss #25 Natural Purple, only just a tad deeper. Even though it looks intimidatingly opaque, it is actually quite wearable, even for me! I was reluctant to try it out for a long time because mauvey lip colors usually make me look "cold." To my surprise, however, this particular one blends in with my natural lip color, probably due to some degree of translucency, even though it's definitely not sheer. So instead of having an MLBB (my-lips-but-better) color, I have a MLBM (my-lips-but-mauvelous) color :P This is the first time I've encountered such an accommodating lip color. Very nice!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts