Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Canmake Metallic Eyes Part II

It's been more than two years since I last used these Canmake Metallic Eyes, so I figured I'd better try out the other 3 colors I have too. I've been holding on to them for too long! Guess what, I'm liking them even more now! Sure, they're not the softest eye shadows I own (with the exception of 11 Summer Orange and may be 02 Pink Beige), but that doesn't make them any less enjoyable. They are not very pigmented, however, so if you are looking for pigmented eye shadows, stay away from these or you'll be sorely disappointed.

Anyway, there have been many lazy days where I just swiped on all 3 of the colors below and they kept me looking really fresh and happy throughout the day. I used 08 Sweet Pink to highlight on inner corners of the eyes, 02 Pink Beige on the outer corners of the eyes, and finally 11 Summer Orange on the center of the lids, blending outwards. Oh yes, and I should point out that 02 Pink Beige and 11 Summer Orange both are neither metallic. That said, they are still pretty shimmery.

- 02 Pink Beige: shimmer, low intensity, it looked more beige on me rather than pink. I guess it did have hints of pink, but not like the pink you see in the picture. That pink color is just an over spray and the color underneath is a lot more beigey. This eye shadow is definitely not metallic, but it's definitely softer than the rest. The second softest after 11 Summer Orange, actually.


- 08 Sweet Pink: metallic, low intensity. I was expecting this color to be sheer, but it was not. At the same time, it didn't have enough intensity to be frosty either, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to use it as a highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes. It is a pretty airy pink.


- 11 Summer Orange: shimmer, low intensity. A pretty orangey peach and applied a brighter peach on me. Now this color was totally deceiving! Just look at that beautiful metallic orange in the picture, pretty isn't it? Well, it turned out to be just an over spray! The color underneath isn't metallic at all! Yep, I wasn't too happy to be tricked like that, but fortunately the silkiness of its texture redeemed its colorful deceit. I guess that means Canmake is perfectly capable of making silky eye shadows. I would suppose, too, that it wasn't a coincidence that the 2 eye shadows with better and softer texture also turned out to be the 2 that are not metallic.


Clockwise from left: 08 Sweet Pink, 02 Pink Beige, and 11 Summer Orange


See my previous Canmake Metallic Eyes post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts