Friday, December 17, 2010

Taiyaki Part III

This post is courtesy of my sister who is a 3rd year JET. Her local Taiyaki stand came out with a new, and dare I say a bit wacky, flavor - pizza, so she bravely went out to try and even took pictures for me ^.^



Why is it wacky and why was my sister brave to go out and try it? Well, because taiyaki is traditionally a dessert, a sweet snack, and the shell is supposed to be made of waffle batter, in come cases pancake batter, and some even rarer cases as in the cold Strawberry taiyaki I had a while ago, shortcake-like batter. So yeah, imagine eating pizza with a sweet waffle/pancake/shortcake crust. Vomit inducing, right?


My sister's verdict? YUCK. LOL! But she said the problem wasn't the combination of the waffle shell and pizza filling but rather the marinara sauce - it was disgusting ^.^ Hmm...well, I guess at least the terrible tasting marinara sauce is...fixable.

See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts