Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Rosette Soys Lotion

Browsing around for cosmetics on Rakuten (the Amazon of Japan, like Amazon JP, but a whole lot messier lol!), I spotted these simple bottles with a cute logo of a bean with a sprout growing out of it. Then I saw Rosette and remembered I had seen something like that on Lotus Palace back in December. Alas, it was a Rosette Soys product, the Soys Lotion, so I decided to give it a try.



This is an unscented and oil-free toner (in Asia, when they say lotion they almost always mean toners). However it does contain alcohol, as one would expect from a toner, and since it has no oil ingredients, it is effectively a hydrator.

Regardless, it has been pretty mild on my skin, milder than The Body Shop Cucumber Freshening Water. It is a clear runny liquid, looks like water although you can definitely feel the hydrating effect upon application. It is so hot and humid outside right now, and one some days when I'm inside with the blinds drawn and skipping sunscreen, this toner is all I put on and it would be enough to keep my skin happy. I pour this into a spritz bottle and a few sprays and then another few light pats to help absorption is all it takes. I have to say I like this new freedom to my skincare routine a lot! xD

At night, I apply it with a cotton ball for exfoliation benefits. Following up with a few light dabs of the Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream and I am perfectly comfortable throughout the night!

Now I am curious with the Soys Lotion Rich as well as the Soys Milk too, especially the Lotion Rich, since it is a runny gel I am hoping it would be similar to The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner. I would be nice if it was alcohol-free too, like the Vitamin E, but considering it's Japan may be I'm asking for too much ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts