Monday, August 8, 2011

Canmake Liquid Shadow & Base

In my current liquid/gel/cream eye shadows craze, I dug out a few things, among which were the 2 Canmake Liquid Shadow & Base, which I bought more than a year ago but stashed away and didn't touch until now. Too bad these are now discontinued, because they're kind of nice!

These are liquid eye shadows, though they're thicker and not as watery liquid like Stila Floating Eye Shadow. They can be worn on their own or as a base to layer other eye shadows on top. Upon application, they have a cooling sensation and dry rather quickly. Texture wise, they're thin and blendable, but again they dry quickly so I apply them in small amounts using feather strokes. By themselves they do crease on me, but like the Stila Floating Eye Shadow, if I layer other eye shadows on, particularly the powder ones set them really well, then they stay on all day and won't budge even in the heat and humidity. Funny how that works, huh?

- 02 Crystal White: this is a nice pearly white, it doesn't have any iridescent shimmers but it's not a harsh bleach white nor is it silvery. And thank goodness it's very sheer and the shimmers are on the fine side, so it's not glittery either. It's basically a sheer pearly wash that is good for brightening up the eye area, and I use it as base on my upper lids as well as to highlight the inner corners on the lower lid, taking Julia's suggestion.


- 03 Baby Beige: don't be deceived by that pink beige appearance in the pictures below, this one isn't pink at all! It's actually a golden beige that's just a touch darker than Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Shadow in Platinum, see the swatch! While it's not really metallic, it is more pigmented and more opaque than the 01 Crystal White above, and thus appears more shimmery. This makes a nice wash and base too, just like Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Platinum!




Swatches: 02 Crystal White (left) and 03 Baby Beige (right).

4 comments:

Julia said...

At your service! xD No, really, it's not something I have invented.
(Btw, I took a look at your Visée swatches again and A-6 looks a lot like a certain Majolica Majorca palette, just without the cream shade.)

And now I am upset that those Canmake items are discontinued. >.<

D. said...

Hi Julia,

But you still made an excellent suggestion that totally opened my eyes up to a whole new way of using liquid/gel/cream shadows (and frankly I need to read and follow instructions ^.^).

Oh...which Majolica palette does Visee A-6 look like? Don't you just hate it when they discontinue good stuff? I couldn't even find it on Ebay anymore, but I did find it at Bobodave's - http://www.bobodave.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1914

Do proceed at your own risk though. I haven't bought from Bobodave before so I don't know how the service is at all.

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Sometimes the instructions are great, but sometimes they don't work, at least not for me - but I have a different eye shape, which may be why.

The Jewelling one in GR791. The teal is more intense, though - I really love it. (It's the model look from last year's fall campaign.)

I ordered from Bobodave once and had no problems. (Reminds me he also has the dicontinued Lavshuca palettes.) I do find his prices a bit jacked up, though.

Have a nice day (or rather night in Japan, right?),
Julia

D. said...

Hi Julia,

I'm glad to know you've ordered from Bobodave before without any problems. And the major reason preventing me from ordering from him before was his price - it's waaaay jacked up!!

^.^
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts