Sunday, April 1, 2012

Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust Eye Shadow Part II

Back in February when mum in law sent me a care package, she so kindly threw in these Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust Eye Shadow since she knows I have a bit of a soft spot for pretty sparkly things ^.^ So now I have the American version of 110 Starry Pink to compare with the Japanese release I bought back in late December. I haven't actually worn these, so this is a preview post.

- Left picture: top row, left to right, 100 Celestial Silver, 105 Plum Galaxy, bottom row, left to right: 110 Starry Pink, 115 Neptune Star, and 120 Night Sky, all are US drugstore releases.
- Right picture: 110 Starry Pink US version. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

These are so gorgeous and sparkly! I love them! ...But I will admit they're not the smoothest and softest eye shadows around. Due to all the shimmers and sparkles, they are rather dry and gritty, especially the 2 lighter shades 100 Celestial Silver and 110 Starry Pink. And it's not like a better formula is not available, at least in Japan it does and may be the US has some catching up to do. The Makemania Sparkle Glitter Eye Shadows are even sparklier but at the same time much softer and way more pigmented. And Makemania isn't the only who puts out super smooth and sparkly eye shadows either - Excel (by Sana) does too! Check out their Shiny Shadow below. I've played with these at Plaza and they're crazy smooth and super duper sparkly! The problem is that they're also kind of pricy, 1,050yen for a single shadow, which puts them in the same mid range as Coffret D'Or. 

(Sana) Exel Shiny Shadow
***Picture from Sana Excel Japan.

But I still love these Revlon babies :P They aren't really that bad and are definitely very pretty. The 3 darker colors are decently pigmented too. I'm thinking they'd make really nice medium crease shade. If they're too dark for the crease I'll use them as liners, avoiding the waterline of course, because these sparkles may irritate ^.^ 

100 Celestial Silver and 105 Plum Galaxy

115 Neptune Star and 120 Night Sky

110 Starry Pink US versus Japanese version: they both look and feel identical. The US version has more of a wet sheen, but I think that might have been the super duper sparkly glitter spray at the surface since it's brand new, whereas I've been using the Japanese version for a while now and that layer is long gone.


Left picture: 110 Starry Pink US version.
Right picture: US versus Japanese swatches. Looks identical to me, what do you think?


US vs. Japanese version. They seem to contain the same amount of product too, and both were made in Canada. Consistency is a good thing.

- 100 Celestial Silver: high shimmer, very sheer. A silvery white super sparkly top wash.

- 105 Plum Galaxy: high shimmer, medium intensity. I know it looks like a berry color in the below picture, but that's just the shimmers reflecting natural light. It's actually a darker and very pretty wine color (see the picture above). Initially I assumed it would be a matte base with tons of chunky floating shimmers, but I was wrong. It turns out to have a fine shimmery base with, well, tons of bluish purple chunky floating shimmers ^.^ Can't wait to try this as a crease color as well as lining my eyes with it!

- 115 Neptune Star: high shimmer, medium intensity. A gorgeous peacock blue green that's a bit deeper than the liner shade in T'estimo Layered Impact Eyes 03 Beige, although not as pigmented. Again, it is a shimmery base with tons of blue chunky floating shimmers.

- 120 Night Sky: high shimmer, medium intensity. A deep charcoal with complex layers of shimmers. It is a shimmery base, with a layer of more visible silver shimmers, then finally a layer of fewer blue and green chunky shimmers scattered around. I will definitely try to line my eyes with this color, though I do not recommend lining on the waterline as the shimmers may irritate.

Top row, 100 Celestial Silver and 105 Plum Galaxy, bottom row, 115 Neptune Star and 120 Night Sky.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts