Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cle de Peau Beaute Gentle Cleansing Foam

Update Friday, March 1, 2013.

Along with the sample set containing Cle de Peau Beaute Gentle Protective Emulsion SPF20 (the US version), I also bought an older set with another 10mL 0.38oz of the Gentle Cleansing Foam, both from E(vil)bay. Judging from various internet sources, I am guessing this set is from around 2010, if not older. Their outer and inner packaging looks very different than the presumably newer set, since those have identical inner packaging as the Japanese versions from the Cle de Peau Beaute Glow Fall 2012 Mook. If you're wondering why I would knowingly buy older skincare samples when I already got a newer set, well, I bought them for the adorable little glass bottles the Gentle Balancing Lotion and Gentle Nourishing Emulsion (for night use) came in xD

The older sample set (left) includes, from left to right, Gentle Balancing Lotion 15mL/0.5fl oz. (using right now, will review next), this Gentle Cleansing Foam 10mL/0.38oz., Intensive Facial Contour Serum 4mL/0.13oz., and Gentle Nourishing Emulsion 6mL/0.20fl oz. (also using currently, will review next), versus the newer set (right) with Cleansing Cream 9mL/0.29oz., another Gentle Cleansing Foam 6mL/0.23oz., Gentle Protective Emulsion SPF20 5mL/0.16fl oz., and another Gentle Balancing Lotion 12mL/0.40fl oz.


Assuming the newer sample of Gentle Cleansing Foam would be similar to, if not the same as, the Japanese version below, I skipped it and started using the older sample instead, just for comparison. It's even more perfumy than the Japanese one, and it definitely reminds me of the Nivea cream my grandma used to put on every night. Thankfully, the scent is nostalgic enough and doesn't bother me ^.^ But other than the scent, I can't tell much of a difference in the way it foams or cleanses. Like the newer version, it isn't drying for my skin.

That said, it does have different ingredients than the newer sample. Again, I'm assuming the newer version to be the same as the Japanese version, at least it has identical inner packaging with the exception of having English on the back of the tube. I could translate the Japanese ingredients below and then compare them to be certain, but I'm too lazy ^.^'

Ingredients for old versus new samples.

----------------------------------------------------
Original post Tuesday, February 5, 2013.

After stopping Lancome Creme Mousse Confort Comforting Creamy Foaming Cleanser, I switched over to this 6g tube of Cle de Peau Beaute Gentle Cleansing Foam, another sample from the Cle de Peau Beaute Glow Fall 2012 Mook.


I've read many good reviews for this product, all saying it's not drying at all even though it foams well, so I sidestepped a few cream cleansers I had lined up and skipped straight to this one. I figured it's just a tiny sample tube and I'd be done with it in a few days anyway, like the Cle de Peau Beaute Cleansing Cream that lasted me all of 4 nights. Well, I was wrong. It's been two weeks and counting, and I've been using this stuff every single night!

Cle de Peau Beaute Glow Fall 2012 Mook I bought in Taipei.

The mook came with the below freebies:
- Top row, left to right: The Cream 2g, this Gentle Cleansing Foam 6g, and Gentle Balancing Lotion 12mL.
- Bottom row, left to right: Cleansing Cream 9g, Gentle Protective Emulsion SPF25 PA++ 5mL (will review next), and Gentle Nourishing Emulsion 5mL.
- A travel size packet of cotton pads.

This cleanser foams extremely well, and just as the reviews said, a pea-sized amount is enough for my face, neck, decolletage, and upper back shoulders. Yes, I wash all that with a facial cleanser in my nightly shower as I feel regular soaps/body washes are too harsh for the delicate skin in these areas. Actually, this cleanser also reminds me of Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam, not in the way it smells but in the way it foams. When I reviewed the Benefiance cleanser, I wasn't using a foaming net, and so I only knew of the mostly wimpy and creamy foam it made. Then some months later I went back to it with a foaming net and, holy hell, it foamed like mad! Same thing with this Cle de Peau cleanser. Add a foaming net and it just foams and foams and foams. As for the scent, it's more perfumy and not as powdery as its sister Cleansing Cream. I would even say it has a stronger grandma element, but still not strong enough to bother me.

Another thing the reviews were spot on with is that this cleanser is not drying at all! It foams like that, and it rinses completely clean, yet my skin is not squeaky afterwards, and to my great surprise my face doesn't feel tight or flakes afterwards either like it did with Lancome Creme Mousse Confort! So yes, I am enjoying this cleanser very much and I'm very glad I switched over to it. Thanks to my new nightly routine, my skin is slowly recovering from the severe dryness and flaking that started when hubby and I drove across the country to relocate to SF. This cleanser is definitely among the combination of things that's helping!

Ingredients for this Gentle Cleansing Foam in Japanese.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts