Monday, May 20, 2013

DHC Imperial Green Tea Shower Gel

It has been a while since I bought something from DHC, so I visited their USA online shop and found a few goodies, including this 250mL/8.4fl oz. bottle of the Imperial Green Tea Shower Gel. It was unfortunately being discontinued and was on sale, and since I've read that it smells amazing, I figured that was my excuse chance to try it before it's gone forever.


Calling this product "imperial green tea" is totally misleading. If you've ever smelled a product scented with "green tea" in Japan or have eaten the green tea ice cream or mochi everywhere else, you will know this shower gel smells nothing like green tea, let alone "imperial" green tea, whatever that means. But ignoring the name, I have to say this shower gels really nice! It does have a tea scent, probably from the camellia oleifera seed extract, but this tea scent is weak and is quickly overpowered by the peppermint oil. The result is a lovely and invigorating minty tea shower gel that will wake you right up if you take morning showers. It is clear, and it lathers well enough, just not crazy foamy like Japanese body washes. it can be a tad drying, but I don't use a lot of it so it's okay.

Over all, I'm actually glad I got to try this. I actually bought 2 bottles to give one to my mum ^.^ If you can get it, you should totally try it!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts