Friday, May 10, 2013

Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

I bought this 125mL/4.7oz. full size tube of Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam along with a bottle of Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover (using right now, will review next) to get this Best of Shiseido Spring 2013 GWP


Of course I picked that Bio-Performance set with the pretty red glass bottle ^.^

I was actually in the market for a makeup remover, so this cleanser was an impulse buy. This is actually my second brush with a Shiseido The Skincare cleanser. The first one I tried was the Purifying Cleansing Foam some 7-8 years ago with disastrous results and had stayed away from this line since. Until now. This time around, I skipped both the Purifying Cleansing Foam as well as the Gentle Cleansing Foam and went straight for this "Extra Gentle" one.   

It's definitely a lot better this time around, starting with the scent. It has the same clean powdery scent as the Hydro-Balancing Softener and I like it much better than the yucky flowery scent I remember this line had. Well, I actually don't remember the flowery scent at all, just that I hated it. May be it was me who changed :P Hubby likes this scent a lot so I guess this is at least a small guarantee that it doesn't smell bad ^.^

If I have to be honest, I'd say I should not have bought this cleanser. No, it's quite a nice cleanser. If I don't use too much of it, it doesn't dry out my skin, and I don't ever need to use a lot of it because it foams really well with the help of a foaming net. So why do I regret buying it? Because it's HUGE, and it will take my probably until next year to finish it. I hate being stuck with something for so long. So here's note to self - no more full size foaming cleansers! And I say that knowing I have a few other full size tubes...Ha. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts