Thursday, May 9, 2013

Shiseido The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener

Almost done with this full size bottle of Shiseido The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener. I bought this to try when Shiseido was having a nice promotion last fall that came with a miniature Revitalizing Essence in an 8mL square red glass bottle. They had another similar promotion earlier this year and got me to buy a couple more things also. I'm a total sucker, I know -.-'

***Screencap from Shiseido USA.

Going to use this 5mL Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Cream next after the current Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream.

Anyway, there are actually 2 options for the Shiseido The Skincare toner, a Hydro-Nourishing and a Hydro-Balancing. There were times when I wished I hag gotten the Hydro-Nourishing one instead, only to quickly remember why I chose the Hydro-Balancing - it's alcohol free. My skin is not sensitive to alcohol per se, but just because I can doesn't mean I should, so I avoid it if I have the options. 

I've been using this every morning, after having finished the samples of Cle de Peau Beaute Gentle Balancing Lotion. I use 3-4 pumps on a cotton pad each application, depends on how my dry skin feels. I only splash my face with water in the morning, and even when I think my face should be clean because, well, I just woke up from a night of sleep, somehow the cotton pad always comes away slightly ruddy yellow with dirt, oil and whatever else that's been lifted from my skin. Ick. So yes, I would say this toner does a pretty good job of cleansing and prepping. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft afterwards, ready for the next few layers of skincare. It is scented with a nice clean powdery fragrance that's not mild but not too overpowering either - even hubby thinks it smells nice! 

The only down side is probably the price, it's some $36 for this 150mL/5fl oz. bottle. With my liberal daily use, I still have about 1/5 a bottle after 2+ months, so if you use less (2-3 pumps?), a bottle will probably last well over 3 months. I won't repurchase though, time to move on.

Shiseido The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener:
Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Xylitol, PPG-13 Decyltetradeceth-24, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Sodium citrate, Sodium metaphosphate, fragrance (parfum), Citric acid, Dimorpholinopyridazinone, Citronellol, Sodium hyaluronate, Lysolecithin, Tocopherol, Thymus serpillum extract.
***List of ingredients provided by user lena113 from Sephora Product Q&A. I accidentally threw my box out before taking a picture of the list of ingredients. Sorry!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts